Wednesday 18 June 2014

Summer 2014 Capsule Wardrobe: Inspired by Gaby of the Vault Files

If you were to ask me to name one person whose wardrobe I'd most like to steal, with very little hesitation I'd probably name Gaby Burger of the Vault Files.  Her style is deceptively simple yet always put-together, she never looks like she's trying too hard yet is perfectly dressed for the occasion, and without fail whenever I see something on Pinterest or Instagram that I want...she's the one who posted it.

Thus, I thought for my Summer 2014 Capsule Wardrobe I'd pull together a closet inspired by Ms. Burger's style. First let's take a peek at the style I'm talkin' (all photo credits per Gaby's Instagram).


Screen shots wardrobe

As you can see, Gaby's style is very consistent with several themes appearing in her outfits (in fact, see an explanation of her style DNA in her own words here). I'd say her style is made up of the following things:

  • pattern mixing: spots go with stripes go with florals...etc.
  • mostly neutrals paired with very select colors
  • texture plays heavy into bringing interest to basics, as does layering layering layering
  • statement necklaces serve to further jazz up basics
  • shoes are either flats or amazing statement heels
  • common themes: stripes, eyelet, leather, dots, leopard, and chambray
  • classic with a twist
Here's my own spin on how Gaby's style can translate into a summer capsule wardrobe:



Gaby Burger Capsule Wardrobe

For my spring 2014 capsule wardrobe, I organized things based on staples, colors, and patterns. This time around, I picked common themes from Gaby's own wardrobe and selected a wardrobe item for each theme: denim, white, and black as the major colors, and stripes, leopard, and nature as the patterns.

Given the easy mix-and-matchability of these themes, the possibilities for remixing your wardrobe are virtually endless:


Gaby Burger Outfit Options


I think I could pretty happily live all summer with the items from this capsule wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment