Monday 30 June 2014

Year-Long Clothing Budget Update: June Purchases

May completely flew by for me--I can't believe it's already time for another closet budget update!

As a quick refresher, this year I outlined my clothing budget to add closet basics to my wardrobe each month, putting together a list of items I need to help fill in the holes in my closet and assigning each item to a particular month of the year. I've capped each month's budget at $200 total. Here's what my calendar looks like:




Year-long Closet Budget

And here's what I ended up with this month:




July 2014 purchases

Price: $28 (on sale from $50 )
Notes: I've been on the lookout for a comfortable, basic black pump for ages. I picked these up at Nordstrom Rack; they're nothing special, but they are the 'little black dress' of my shoe collection--they go with everything.

Price: $13
Notes: I know what you're thinking--gasp, this is how you tell us you're pregnant? No, no it's not. I have a secret for you: Target's maternity section has great hidden gems for us non-preggo's too. The only difference between this maternity tank and their similar non-maternity versions is that this one is a bit longer and softer--win/win for me :)

June Budget Total:
$41 for $63 worth of items
Over/under on June $200 budget: -$159
Over/under for the year since March: -$580.96 (under budget by two items)

Since I had room in the budget, I supplemented my closet a bit with warm-weather items. 
Although not on the official list, I added these fun printed shorts from Francesca's ($38) to my wardrobe and have been rocking them with tanks, tees, and light sweaters. I've also been riding my bike to work a few times a week, so I need easy outfits that don't wrinkle in my bike bag. I bought theeee most comfortable short-sleeve dress from Target and have worn it 3 times since Thursday...but can't find it online! The pattern is similar to this one. $25. Lastly, my favorite black Old Navy capris that lasted shockingly long (like, multiple years being worn multiple times a month) finally bit the dust. I replaced them with these Athleta Chaturanga capris, which are the capri version of the long black ones I love so much. On sale for $40 today.


No comments:

Post a Comment